Do you want to know about the names of Zucchini in Different Indian Languages? We have all of them lined up for you in this article!
Zucchini is a vining plant that has gained quite a lot of popularity in India in recent times. As it is easy to grow, more and more people have started to cultivate it in their kitchen gardens for a fresh harvest. However, some people are still confused about what is Zucchini in Different Indian Languages. Don’t worry, we are here to help you out!
Learn what asparagus is called in different Indian languages here
What is Zucchini?
Zucchini is also popular as a summer squash in other parts of the world. Just like cucumber, it is refreshing and is classified as a tender warm-season annual. It is very easy to grow and you can start the plant from seeds in pots. All you need is a sunny spot and some support for its vines to climb.
Check out what is banana called in different Indian Languages here
Zucchini in Different Indian Languages
Though Zucchini is popular as Turai in most parts of India, many regional people get confused with this name. In order to make it easy for you, here are all the details on Zucchini in Different Indian Languages.
- Zucchini in Bengali: Dhundula
- Zucchini in Hindi: Turai
- Zucchini in Telugu: Gummadikaya
- Zucchini in Tamil: Cimaic Curaikkay
- Zucchini in Malayalam: Mareacceti
- Zucchini in Kannada: Kumbalakayiyannu Holuva Cinikayi
- Zucchini in Punjabi: Turai
- Zucchini in Nepali : Zoo Kene
Quick Tips on growing Zucchini In India
- You can start the seeds of the plant in the summer months. Either, directly sow them in the garden or pot.
- Make sure that you provide proper support when the plant reaches a height of 5-8 inches.
- For best growth, ensure it gets 4-6 hours of direct sunlight.
- Amend the soil with plenty of organic matter and compost.
- Add a handful of cow manure to the growing medium every month.
- Water well. Never let the soil go completely dry.