Check out the Most Beautiful Pothos Varieties that you can grow easily in your homes all year round. They make for a stunning addition to indoor hanging baskets!
Money plant is not only easy to grow, but it also does well in indirect light, which makes it perfect for rooms. Here are the Most Beautiful Pothos Varieties you can include in your home for that fantastic green appeal!
Have a look at our article on how to grow pothos here
Why You Must Have Different Pothos Varieties in Your Plant Collection
Different Pothos Varieties, each with its own unique features and characteristics, have their own advantages:
- Visual Appeal: Pothos Varieties have their own unique leaf pattern and color, which can add aesthetic appeal to your space. From the classic green and yellow variegation of Golden Pothos to the satin-like leaves of Silver Pothos, or the white and green of Marble Queen Pothos, you have several options to add variety to your indoor plant collection.
- Different Light Preferences: Different Pothos Varieties have different light preferences. For example, the Golden Pothos can thrive in lower light conditions, whereas the Marble Queen Pothos needs more light to maintain its variegation. Having different varieties can allow you to place plants in different areas of your home depending on light conditions.
- Learning Opportunity: Cultivating different varieties of pothos can provide an excellent opportunity to learn more about plant care. You can understand the subtle differences in care requirements for each variety.
- Adaptability: Some Pothos Varieties are more adaptable to certain conditions than others. For instance, Golden Pothos are known for their hardiness and can tolerate a range of conditions, while others like the Neon Pothos might require more specific care.
- Experimentation: Different Pothos Varieties can be used to experiment with various plant decor ideas, like hanging baskets, table-top displays, or even green walls.
- Air Purification: Like many houseplants, pothos can help purify the air. Different Pothos Varieties might have slightly different capacities to filter certain pollutants, but overall, having a diverse array of pothos can contribute to improved indoor air quality.
Most Beautiful Pothos Varieties
1. Golden Pothos
These Pothos Varieties have a heart shape and waxy leaves in green color with random cream-yellow splashes. Its cascading stems look showy in the hanging baskets and pots.
2. Neon Pothos
Neon pothos has bright, lime green or chartreuse color leaves, which makes them stand out. The younger, budding leaves have bright neon hues, while the older and mature ones attain a deep tinge of green neon.
3. Marble Queen Pothos
These Pothos Varieties have green leaves with creamy white hues. It is a trailing vine that looks perfect in hanging baskets. You can also keep it on top of shelves and watch its stems trail beautifully downwards.
4. Baltic Blue Pothos
The long leaves of this plant develop fenestrations that make it look quite remarkable. It does best in bright, indirect light, taking that blue hue!
5. Manjula Pothos
The heart-shape leaves of Manjula pothos showcase curvey borders with cream, silver, and white variegations that add to its visual appeal.
6. Jessenia Pothos
This pothos variety exhibits the blend of yellow-green tones. Its foliage is reminiscent of the marble queen pothos, except for the fact that it has lesser variegation.
7. Silver Pothos
Silver pothos has long trailing stems that can grow up to 6-10 feet long. These Pothos Varieties showcase dark green leaves with silver markings. It is also popular as satin silver pothos.
8. Cebu Blue Pothos
Cebu Blue Pothos has silver to blue leaves. This evergreen perennial vine is known for its cluster of unique foliage and does best in bright, indirect light.
9. Hawaiin Pothos
Hawaiin pothos features dark green leaves with random yellow variegation. Pruning helps to keep its size and compact growth habit in check.
10. Jade Pothos
These Pothos Varieties display white, silver, and gray variegations on the leaves. For the best display, grow it in hanging baskets and keep it where it gets bright light.
11. Snow Queen Pothos
The bold patches of white-cream splashes on the rich green foliage make these pothos quite stunning to look at. As the name suggests, most of the part of the foliage is pure white and the rest is green.
12. Harlequin Pothos
Its leaves have plenty of white variegations with a little green shade. For the best color, give it the right dose of bright indirect light and the plant will continue to thrive all year long.