Here are all the details on Golden Pothos Care in Water that will help you to take the right care of the plant to keep it healthy and thriving!
Growing money plant in water is easy and this way, you can easily keep it on tabletops and small spaces. However, it is essential that you know all the details about Golden Pothos Care in Water to take right care of it. Let’s have a look!
Check out the benefits of growing pothos here
How to Grow Pothos in Water
Growing money plant in water is fairly easy.
- Take 4-6 inches of cutting, right below the node, from a healthy pothos using a sharp knife.
- Take off the lower leaves, keeping the upper ones intact.
- Dip the end of the cutting in honey and put it in a vase filled with non-chlorinated water.
- Keep it at a spot where it can get bright, indirect sunlight.
- Change the water every 3-5 days.
- The cuttings will form roots in 1-2 weeks.
Golden Pothos Care in Water
Pothos growing in water appreciates bright but indirect sunlight. Keeping at by an east-facing window will ensure it gets mild direct sunlight. Avoid keeping the plant at a south-facing window as the harsh afternoon sun can burn the foliage.
Changing the water once every 3-5 days is crucial. Keep a tab on the color – if it looks cloudy, change it immediately. Keep the tap water overnight in a bucket before using, as it will help to settle down the excess chlorine in water.
Pothos in Water does best in the temperature range of 20° to 32°C.
Feed the plant with a good quality all-purpose, liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks. Add half a teaspoon into 2 liters of water and use it on the plant.
Pro Tip: You can put 2-3 drops of hydrogen peroxide in the water. It will further oxygenate it and will also prevent fungal attacks.
Transparent glass jars are better as it helps you monitor the growth and condition of water easily. Over time, the glass may get a layer of calcium so it is essential that you keep 2 glass jars to grow pothos in water. Use them alternatively. Clean the jars using a cotton cloth and soap to get rid of algae formation.
Things to Keep in Mind While Growing Pothos in Water
- Avoid placing the plant in direct sunlight or next to an AC vent.
- Remove the leaves that may get into the vase as it may result in fungal infections.