Do you love Bargad tree but don’t have a space to grow it? Don’t worry! Here’s all you need to know about How to Make Banyan Tree Bonsai in India!
Banyan is one of the most auspicious trees in the Hindu religion, as many deities reside under it. If you want to include it in your home but don’t have space for it then learn How to Make Banyan Tree Bonsai easily!
Learn about the best Bonsai Fruit Plants Here
What is Banyan Bonsai?
Bonsai is the art to train trees into growing in small sizes in containers. In this method, you can prune and wire a banyan tree to keep its size and shape in check.
How to Make Banyan Tree Bonsai?
A banyan is a very large tree, growing it in a small space like a container requires careful pruning, wiring, and planning from the young stage.
- Wrap the wire around the plant gently in the direction where you want the branches to bend and grow.
- Start using the wire from the trunk to the branch end, which you want to bend.
- It may take up to 4-6 weeks to train the branch in a specified shape
- To prevent the bonsai plants from growing too tall, trim their roots carefully once in 2-3 years. Also, prune the branches from the early stage to keep their shape and size in check. For more details, watch this video.
Check out Stunning Bonsai Flower Plants Here
Banyan Bonsai Care
- Bonsai plants can bear lower light levels, but it is suggested to locate them in any sunny window.
- Water the plant regularly to keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Bonsai need additional watering, as their roots tend to dry out quickly.
- Use equal parts of sterile garden soil, sand, and cow dung manure for the best growth.
- The plant is susceptible to fungus, which feeds on the plant’s nutrients. Use neem oil solution to keep it at bay.