Bauhinia variegata is quite popular for its numerous medicinal properties. If you’re wondering What is Kachnar Flower in English, then we have the answer for you!
Want to know What is Kachnar Flower in English and its uses in India? Well, we have all the details for you and more!
Learn Popular Kashmiri Flower Names Here
Kachnar Flower Information
Native to eastern Asia and China, kachnar is an ornamental tree with orchid-like blooms. The flowers have a pink to purple hue with red markings and they are also lightly fragrant. In Hinduism, its blossoms are used in the worshipping of goddesses Laxmi and Saraswati. Its stems, leaves, and flowers are popular for their immense therapeutical and medicinal properties.
Know Popular Flowers Name in Telugu Here
What is Kachnar Flower in English?
Botanical Name: Bauhinia variegata
English Name: Mountain ebony
Other Common English Names: Butterfly ash, Camel’s foot, Orchid-tree
Other Common Names in India: Kanchanara, Gandari, Yugapatraka, Kovidaara, Kanchan, Kuddal, Koiralo, Mandaram, Chingthrao, Raktakanchana
Culinary Uses of Kachnar
The fruits, leaves, and flowers of kachnar are edible. People use them for making broths and pickles. Its blooms are also popular for their uses in some vegetable dishes in North India that tastes really good with spices like turmeric, chili, and coriander powder.
Know 30 Stunning Front Porch Flower Pot Ideas Here
Therapeutic Uses of Kachnar
1. The infusion of leaves is used as a laxative to treat digestive ailments.
2. The stem bark has anti-diabetic, astringent, and anti-tumor properties.
3. Its roots have anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Dry buds are popular for treating tumors, diarrhea, worms, and piles.
5. Decoctions of its stems is great to regulate the menstrual cycle.
6. Kachnar is a boon for skin problems like acne and pimples.