Wondering Why Adding Manure and Fertilizers to the Plants is Beneficial? Head on to this informative guide to end all your queries!
Plants need a regular boost of nutrients to produce a healthy harvest, a lack of which may lead to stunted growth, reduced crop yield, pest infestation, and a lot more. To educate yourself more on healthy gardening practices, learn Why Adding Manure and Fertilizers to the Plants is Beneficial in the article below!
Learn the Difference Between Manures and Fertilizers here
Why Adding Manure and Fertilizers to the Plants is Beneficial?
Manure and fertilizers enrich the organic composition, boost soil fertility, and compensate for the nutrient deficiency in the soil. To grow healthy crops, it is essential to understand that the soil should be rich in essential nutrients. Here is a chain that explains why manure and fertilizers are necessary for the soil:
- The nutrients enrich the soil.
- Plants absorb nutrients from the soil.
- Animals and Humans, in turn, feed on the plants.
Here’s Everything about What is Vermicompost
What is Manure?
Manure is the organic matter derived from solid animal wastes, used to improve the soil quality and increase the yield of healthy crops. This decomposed form of dead plants and animals is applied to the soil to increase crop production. It is a natural form of fertilizer and is cost-effective.
The livestock manure is rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It is abundant in organic matter and humus, which helps improve soil fertility. It is a sustainable option and does not pollute the environment.
Check out 8 Top Gardening Apps for Gardeners in India here!
Advantages of Adding Manure to the Plants
- Rich source of macronutrients.
- Helps to improve soil fertility.
- Reduces soil erosion and leaching.
- Improves the physical properties and aerates the soil.
- Improves the water and nutrient holding capacity of the soil.
- Methane gas evolved as manure’s by-product, can be used for cooking and heating purposes.
- The crops grown on the land treated with manure produces healthy crops.
What are Fertilizers?
Fertilizers are chemical substances given to crops to raise their productivity. These are used to increase the crop yield. The fertilizers have plenty of essential nutrients required by the plants, including nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus. They enhance the water retention capacity of the soil and also increase its fertility.
Here’s 6 Secret Rose Fertilizer Recipes
Advantages of Fertilizers
- Specific fertilizers can be used for replenishing certain nutrients.
- They are water-soluble and can easily dissolve in the soil. Hence, they are easily absorbed by the plants.
- They increase the crop yield.
- Nitrogen-rich fertilizers are used for enriching the greenery of lawns.
- Organic fertilizers improve the texture and fertility of the soil.